While other places can bet that spring will actually begin in March, we’re not so lucky in Calgary. Spring definitely does not begin until much later for us. Sometimes it doesn’t even show up much in April. That was the case this year. We had a few warmer days, but we also had more snowfall than I was anticipating.
I’m hoping for many spring days in May though. I’m more than ready to put my tights and winter coats away until November. (Who am I kidding, it’ll snow in October for sure!)
This month was full of cooking, baking, and hanging out at home watching Netflix. We just got Netflix and literally watched Seasons 2-4 of Prison Break in about a week.
Early this month, we decided to go back to strict Paleo and take time off drinking so we were pretty anti-social. We’ve slipped up a few times though.We’re doing it more so for our budget than for health-reasons, so I’ve definitely had some wine at work events and so has N. We’re continuing with this until his birthday on May long and then after that I hope to continue with saving money by not going out for dinners and drinks so often. We’re great at packing a lunch every day, but the minute friends suggest beers at the pub down the street we’re on it like white on rice.
Alright, enough talk about Paleo and on to this month’s Instagram recap.
|Follow me on Instagram @whoalansi|
1. At the first sign of warmer weather, we hit up Village Ice Cream (before this Paleo month) for a delicious treat. If you’ve never had Village’s Salted Caramel Ice Cream, stop what you’re doing and get over there now. I’m serious.
2. We enjoyed a delicious potluck with friends. I love nights like this. Catching up with friends and eating delicious food are two of my favourite pastimes.
3. Flames games with the boy! We were lucky enough to be able to take advantage of my parents tickets a few times this year. Hockey is so great up close!
4. One of our slip ups for a friend’s birthday: Centurion and CPU pizza. I felt awesome the next day, but it was a fun night anyway.
5. All dressed up in work colours for an event. I love dresses for work.
6. Fitness Friday is still going strong. I’m so excited about it. A friend of mine from Montreal was even inspired to start it at her office!
7. Another little cheat. Friday night walk to Boogies for milkshakes and hanging out on the ridge in Crescent Heights. This is one of my favourite places in our neighbourhood!
8. We decided to check out Wreck City on the final night. It was a really cool event. We got to hang out in this infinite pot room, crawl through forests, and cross over lava. My inner tomboy was in heaven!
9. Since we haven’t been going out much or drinking, I’ve been baking a ton. This was my second batch of Paleo Banana Bread. It’s so easy to make that I’m pretty sure it will become a staple in our house. Not to mention, Banana Bread French Toast is a great weekend brunch. God, I love brunch.
Hope everyone else had a great April! Bring on spring, May! I painted my toes the other day so I’m so ready for sandals and peep toes!
Leave a Reply