No matter what, this recap seems to sneak up on me. Granted, February is the shortest month,but it still amazes me how quickly time can fly by. We got up to a lot judging from my Instagram feed. The unseasonably warm temperatures have resulted in much less hibernation than usual. We got outside more than you’d normally expect. It’s a nice change, but I’m a little bit wary about what this means for our Spring & Summer.
We also booked some exciting things. We’ve decided to go to Big Valley Jamboree
this summer & we’re officially going to Mexico again next February. As we continue our house hunt & hold off on big trips, it helps to have a couple vacation plans to look forward to.
Here’s what we got up to this month according to Instagram:
1. Once again, we headed out to Panorama for a ski trip with some friends. Despite a rocky start, it was a great weekend. We even ventured into Taynton Bowl
– a backcountry-style part of the resort I’d previously found intimidating. Overcoming that fear meant skiing some of the best powder & terrain I’ve ever encountered.
2. Now that they’ve settled back into daily life after 3 months of travel, we presented our friends with a homemade (slightly risqué
) calendar we made while we had access to their house.
3. H, Z, N, & I attended a wine tasting at Metrovino
. We learned quite a bit & picked up a couple beautiful bottles of wine. This wine shop continues to impress me with every visit.
4. N & I had a lovely Valentines Day. We started with oysters & cava at the recently opened Rodney’s Oyster House
followed by an incredible dinner at Cucina
. Their Chicken Liver Parfait is one of my favourite appetizers.
5. I took in a Flames game with my dad. Always a fun way to spend an evening.
6. N & I decided to take advantage of our proximity to the mountains & put our Banff Park Pass to use. Our first adventure was a leisurely hike at Johnston Canyon
. It’s a bit icy due to our warmer winter, but still an easy hike with some unique sights.
7. Another welcome addition to the food scene is The Nash
, Michael Noble’s latest restaurant venture. N’s brother got us a gift card for Christmas so we decided to check it out with some friends. A week later, I’m already looking for an excuse to go back (despite it being a definite splurge
8. H & I got a sneak peek at some of the eggcellence going down for Beakerhead this year. We were visibly eggcited to learn downtownfood
is involved. (Confused? Keep an eye on Twitter for more info!
9. Night riding with some friends at YYC Cycle
to cap off the month. Glow in the dark paint, lululemon giveaways, Juice Because samples, & an amazing workout with two incredible motivators = a fantastic Friday night!
Leave a Reply